From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Adobe / Apache / Spoon Flex Tour
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:39:24 GMT
>I believe Gordon Smith said in one of the email threads that the new compiler is no longer
generating ActionScript 3 from the MXML files but converting directly to bytecode. I would
imagine this is the preferred >approach, no? I haven't done any compiler dev myself, yet...
but I'm eager to learn.

IMO, no. I think, although the structure was wrong, the approach taken in the Flex 3.x timeline
where MXML was nothing but a set of descriptors was much better.

I like to think of MXML as declarative configuration for my project's views.

Mike