From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Testing Framework Site Update
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:48:51 GMT
>Yes the Marshall Plan is not about units, but I assume there is some vision for how to
do "integration testing" or "functional testing".  I thought FlexUnit had the ability to do
more than just "unit tests". Or do you think we can ship >a valid release just by unit
tests?

Alex,

I don't think we can ship a valid release by just unit testing. I think unit testing is one
of many types of tests we need for a valid release. That's why I still think mustella is very
important. I am sure we can figure out a way to work on something that can do what we need.
FlexUnit runs tests in isolation, prototype version actually runs all tests in their own domain,
but right now it doesn't have the idea of bridging a test run across multiple invocations
of the Flash Player. All tests are done within a single invocation. So, just something to
be brainstormed as well.

Cheers,
Mike