From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Project Goshawk [was Time for an Apache Flex compiler.]
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 03:36:25 GMT

I really like the ideas being forth here. I still want to continue to push Adobe to finish
Falcon work in an open development model, and I hope they respond as such. However, assuming
not only that Falcon will retain its closed development model, but also that it is likely
to slip past the end of this year, I agree we should move forward so long as there are interested
parties.

I like the idea of the libraries quite a bit. What I think we should consider in the short
term is to start producing a list of must-haves. A few things that killed us in the early
days of the existing compiler could be avoided with a bit of planning.

In the meantime, I am going to continue with my plans to modify the existing compiler. Hopefully
some of my work will both get us gains in the short term but also help provide some fodder
for where certain use cases (like extensions) can fit into a new compiler design.

Cheers,
Mike

Notice: This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this transmission by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the original transmission. Thank you.