From "Michael A. Labriola" <>
Subject RE: [RT] Design View in FlashBuilder
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 03:24:06 GMT
>Another important question: how can we quicly skin some components without Flash Catalyst?
It's another topic  but I am worried because all these gaps are likely to create limitations
and barriers (especially for >beginners).

Interestingly, if you are willing to adopt convention, the basics aren't very hard. We did
a project where we cut catalyst out of the loop. All we did was establish a convention by
which the graphic artist named layers according to a known mapping. Then save the file as
an SVG.

>From there it was just a matter of a little parsing and we had really viable skinning.

Notice: This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this transmission by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the original transmission. Thank you.

View raw message