From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Starting with the Whiteboard Code
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 20:05:16 GMT
>>I totally agree: Lets take all the momentum we have got! It sounded like you have an
concept of how you would see DI in Flex Next. It would be nice if you could write the important
bits and pieces down in the wiki >>so we have something to talk about!

DI in flex isn't a hard problem. It's actually pretty trivial. There are just a few places
where the Flex compiler hard-codes new operators without an ability to intercept the object
creation. After those lines of code are fixed (and it is a very small number for the MX stuff,
more for the Spark stuff) you can make DI work easily. The next issue is then about performance
impact which is what I have been trying to make more negligible as time goes on.

Mike

Notice: This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this transmission by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the original transmission. Thank you.