From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: [RT] Recommendation Unit-Test System?
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 19:50:39 GMT
>>I think that is an awesome suggestion. It would give a good and clear message that
we are adopting an official unit testing framework for the Flex SDK and I think that would
be a great first step into the right >>direction of the mentality of what we want to
do with this SDK.

Further, I actually did some experimentation a while back on using ASUnit as the ActionScript
portion of the FlexUnit tests (FlexUnit envelopes multiple runners and is really a framework
of sorts). So, perhaps we can find a way to bring the community together on this instead of
divide it. Perhaps the next version of FlexUnit can be a collaboration under the Apache banner
and then used for our testing. These are just random thoughts.

So, mentor question then: What would it take to considering bringing an external project like
FlexUnit into Apache? Would it truly be a separate project, a portion of this project? Any
advice is appreciated.

Mike

Notice: This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this transmission by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the original transmission. Thank you.