From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Welcome new PPMC Member & Committer, Justin Mclean
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 03:02:52 GMT
Hi,

Thanks everyone for the for the welcome.

To get things started I've created a "patches" branch of the frameworks directory. To this
I've checked in:
1. A new en_AU and en_GB locale (thanks goes to David for the en_GB files)
2. Changes the build framework script so that it will compile the 4.6 SDK against flash player
version 10.2,10.3,11.0,11.1 and 11.2 beta.

If you want to use this branch you can either:

From a terminal window:
1. change directory to the checked out version of the framework
2. svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/branches/patches .

Or from within Flash Builder (using subclipse plugin):
1. right click on the frameworks directory, select "Team", "Switch to another Tag/Branch/Revision..."
2. Enter "https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/branches/patches" as to URL...
3. Press OK

If you want to compile the SDK for a different locale or flash player version just edit the
values in build.properties and run the build_framework.xml ANT script. (Either from within
FB or via a terminal).

For how to check out the framework as a Flash Builder project see this previous email:
http://markmail.org/message/mdulin5evouw77sf

Note that the instruction for building from within Flash Builder are slightly different from
what is contained inside the current README.txt

Check it out the branch and have a play. I'd like to encourage people to start entering issues
and patches into JIRA and we'll start applying them to this branch.

Thanks,
Justin