From Arnoud Bos <arn...@artim-interactive.nl>
Subject Re: Creating Working Groups [Was: Apache Flex suggestion - dumping SWF support in favor of HTML5 - listen to Steve]
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 18:46:56 GMT

On Feb 6, 2012, at 6:36 PM, Jeffry Houser wrote:

> On 2/6/2012 12:26 PM, Arnoud Bos wrote:
>> Hi Omar,
>>
>> yes it technically is like a README
>>
>> The difference would be that you don't have to check out files from svn to check
what
>> is going on in the different whiteboards.
> I thought that the SVN was web browsable.  And presumably you can read a text file w/o
checking out code.

yes browsable it is! and it's also true is that you can open a README.txt of a whiteboard
via the SVN web browse.
but is it easy searchable like a wiki? i cannot find a search form. Maybe i'm missing something
but AFAIK you have to wade trough every project
(which will be many i hope!) to find out id someone is working on for example validators in
his /her whiteboard. Other option would be
becoming a member of the list of course and ask...

Anyway, in my idea adding a wiki to a whiteboard was about lowering barriers. Finding stuff
easy. Maybe i'm lazy :-)

> To me it seems like a lot of work to maintain such info in two places.
>
> --
> Jeffry Houser
> Technical Entrepreneur
> 203-379-0773