From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: EventCollector into 4.6
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 20:45:47 GMT

On Jan 29, 2012, at 9:46 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

> [...]

A quick look shows that flashapi.org is Dual Licensed distributed under the LGPL license and
the SPAS Commercial License. LGPL license is not allowed in an Apache release - this is called
a Category-X license.

Please review the following:

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x

http://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html

> I don't think we are supposed to be "taking" things regardless of the license.

Correct.

> If the owners of some source code want to contribute it, they are welcome to do so

Under the Apache License implicitly by attaching to JIRA, or explicitly by signing an ICLA
or Software Grant depending on the ownership.

> , but not everything belongs in the Flex project.  For example, we have already discussed
that application frameworks probably don't belong in the Flex project.

Of course the PPMC must accept the code donation. It is the PPMC's responsibility to assure
that the Licensing is correct.

Regards,
Dave