From Erik Lundgren <e...@lndgrn.se>
Subject Re: Native Screen ANE – was "new user interface design"
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 20:40:52 GMT

28 feb 2012 kl. 20.46 skrev Brent Arnold:

> What information would you need that's not already included in the Capabilities class?
Right now with Flash and AIR we can get access to screenDPI, screenResolutionX/Y, as well
as color depth information.

I believe the Capabilities.screenDPI doesn't query the OS for all that the os knows.

On the desktop the Capabilities.screenDPI property will always return the abstract ppi, not
the actual ppis of the displays connected to the pc. On mac you will always get the return
value 72. On windows – I'm not sure – but I would imagine it returns 96 (or the custom
dpi set by the user in the control-panel). Or maybe the player will return 72 on windows as
well. The point is. You won't get the value you are looking for.

There seems to be multiple issues with mobile devices returning the the wrong screen values.
Maybe this can't be queried correctly by native code either, but maybe it can.

There is no reliable way of getting this information in Flex at the present. There is no reliable
way to draw real world measured elements in flex.

Yours
/Erik