From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: SEO for SWF Was: Flash Platform roadmap
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 23:51:30 GMT

On 2/27/12 3:22 PM, "Duane Nickull" <duane@uberity.com> wrote:

> DN: I have never seen any evidence of google using content it can access.
> Same for Bing and Yahoo.  Flex can basically give it 500 words but for
> starters Google only takes 200 per site in most cases.  They can all get
> text today, but the reality is they don't appear to use it.  I am not sure
> how you think an SDK will force them to use it.
I'm not saying the SDK will try to force anybody to use anything.  I just
thought there were issues where folks want to have more control over what
text is found in a SWF, what links are found in the SWF and what buttons get
pushed.  I don't remember how Ichabod knew to push the buttons in FlexStore.

> As for Authentication, most pages that require authentication are probably
> not mean to be indexed as the human finding the link to it would face the
> same challenge.  What would be the point?
I think it is expertsexchange.com that seems to be well indexed but you have
to authenticate first.  I don't know how they do that.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team