From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [IDEAS] Flex: New user interface design
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:18:19 GMT

On 2/27/12 2:09 PM, "Erik Lundgren" <erik@lndgrn.se> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Still pondering the possibilities for FLEX if we could have correct ppi
> values. Do you know if the runtime team are investigating these issues?
>
> I read in Adobe Jira [1] that Flash Player bug has been marked NeverFix.
That's a very old bug, and in some ways, because we are only guaranteed to
work on SWF version 13, it isn't clear we could take advantage of a future
player fixing the problem.  So let's assume it won't be fixed but you may be
able to get a rough, but not exact idea of resolution/density via other
means (JS, ANE).

It sounds like the problem remains unsolved in browsers as well in that the
reported resolution or density isn't 100% accurate.  Seems like that would
have always been the case for any analog screen anyway, wouldn't it?

What is the measure of success?  Is it that a 1-inch button is roughly 1
inch or exactly 1 inch?  Or is it to guarantee a workflow that allows good
printing?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team