From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Committing to Trunk
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 01:29:30 GMT

On 2/20/12 5:15 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi there.
>
>> Now that Carol has gotten the trunk populated, I was wondering if we need to
>> wait until the Mustella tests are in before committing to trunk?
> Just as an aside I've selected those issues as it was something that could be
> easily verified without Mustella (ie no real framework code changes). I'm not
> sure that Mustella would actually be able to test those patches in any
> meaningful way. Until we get our hands on it hard to say.
Definitely no need to wait to commit changes for which there are no Mustella
tests.  However, I thought we were going to try to cut a release that was
close to "parity" first.

>> On another note, have we decided on a standard process for committing to
>> trunk?
> Well for lower risk smaller changes I'm all for CTR, for larger higher risk
> changes RTC may be more suitable. I'm sure anyone who's a  committers can use
> their judgment on a case by case basis?
I think the committers should use CTR.  And you can always ask for a review
up front based on your judgement.  Folks who aren't committers will submit
patches and find a way to get them reviewed by a committer.

> We also need to have a discussion about how we get a nightly build set up and
> if we  build the framework when changes are submitted to SVN?
I think we have agreement on continuous integration, it is just a matter of
deciding what technology to use and getting it done.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team