From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Design View in FlashBuilder
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:28:17 GMT

On 2/17/12 9:57 AM, "Michael A. Labriola" <labriola@digitalprimates.net>
wrote:

> I may not be representing this 100% correctly, however, from my experience
> trying to extend the framework. Design view is more or less hard-coded to a
> flex framework implementation. If I go and modify UIComponent in my copy of
> the framework and then try to use design view, it will crash all over the
> place.
>
> We may want to consider a design tool eventually that is written differently.
> However, the current one will not work in the current form for any
> modifications we make. Why they would or would not donate it is not something
> I can address, but wanted to give you some sense of the reality of the tool
I can ask about giving away DV and DCD, but IMHO, I would much rather spend
some time on thinking through if there is a better way to implement those
two features.  They have lots of issues.  As Mike said, DV is tied to a
framework version.  DCD is highly inefficient in most cases because it is
trying to handle corner cases in a single implementation.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team