From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Printing from Flex
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 13:18:46 GMT

On 2/4/12 8:06 AM, "Martin Heidegger" <> wrote:

> Hello Jack,
> I came to the conclusion that printing is basically broken in flash. I
> didn't manage to get a solid printing solution done with Flash even with
> years of experience and two weeks time last October. Pages were
> distorted, missing or black. I was rather astonished because I remember
> a working printing solution in Flash Player 9. It seems it doesn't work
> since Flash Player 10.2 or so. Don't get me wrong: It works for some
> cases like if the sheet to print is simple enough as vector or small
> enough as bitmap, but it has very narrow limits. Bugs have been filed
> and marked fixed, even though they are not. I didn't take the time to
> provide a solid test suite at that time for printing with broken results
> as I got into serious deadline problems because of mentioned bugs.
Sounds like you hit the advanced printing bug where the player will try to
generate a 600DPI bitmap of the page, run out of spooling space and corrupt
the print job.  Should have been alleviated a bit in 10.3.

Otherwise, the Flex print components have issues, but player printing is
good enough for digital yearbooks.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.