From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: will ever adobe give the flashplayer to the opensource comunity
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 13:09:46 GMT

On 2/4/12 5:24 PM, "Stephane Beladaci" <adobeflexengineer@gmail.com> wrote:

> We will only see the Flash Player being open sourced if Google buy
> Adobe, otherwise Adobe will rather kill it than letting competition
> benefit from it.
OK, that's enough speculation for now.  Let's move on.  I will probably ask
my management chain every year on the anniversary of Apache Flex's
acceptance into the incubator if this is the year we will open source it.
Last time I asked, the answer was not "never".

But for now, this podling has to assume there won't be any improvements in
the flash player and make the best of what we have now.  And I am still
convinced that what we have now is capable of really impressive stuff.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team