From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [Discussion] [Discussion]
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 19:43:39 GMT

On Feb 4, 2012, at 10:59 AM, Greg Reddin wrote:

> Sent from my mobile device.
>
> On Feb 4, 2012, at 12:39 PM, Doug McCune <doug@dougmccune.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it really necessary to subject-tag any [Discussion] thread?
>
> About the only time that's necessary is when you want to discuss a vote thread in progress.
It's a good idea to fork that to a discussion thread and use the tag to make it clear.

IMHO it is also a good idea to prepare for a [VOTE] thread by first having a [DISCUSS] thread
(that's the process on private when discussing possible new PPMC and committers.) sometimes
as this thread implies that is pretty obvious.

In a high volume list this will call attention to an issue. Generally we should be striving
to achieve "LAZY CONSENSUS" when doing that it should be a [DISCUSS] or [PROPOSAL] thread.
A [VOTE] would then be called if consensus is not present.

http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html

Regards,
Dave