From jude <flexcapaci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating Working Groups [Was: Apache Flex suggestion - dumping SWF support in favor of HTML5 - listen to Steve]
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 18:53:42 GMT
I understand completely. I'm not a commiter and I feel like I can't do
anything.

We need a wiki that allows people to contribute to it, we need a blog
updated so people can stay up to date without being on the mailing list, we
need a FAQ to answer questions we've had before, we need to allow
non-commiters to have white boards to start projects and contribute code to
work with teams (not a limited Jira ticket), we need roadmaps and
directions and plans and project descriptions and use cases. The no roadmap
thing is confusing. We need them and good planning and organization. If you
don't finish it on time or no one works on it then so what. It's an open
source project. People can ask why and figure out what needs to happen to
make it work.

We need to allow the community to help instead of deter them every time
someone offers a way to make it easier for them to help.