From Nicholas Kwiatkowski <nicho...@spoon.as>
Subject Re: SVN vs Git
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:15:43 GMT
Understood, but PPMC members won't be watching the github instance -- we
will only be watching the official Apache resources such as the GIT / SVN /
Jira, so there is pretty much no chance of anything coming back.
 Discussion and code that happen outside Apache "don't happen" (that is how
all apache projects work).  I don't see any PPMC blindly accepting changes
that happen from outside into the official code base -- as that opens up
another legal surface that could hurt the project  (and I certify that you
didn't take that change from a copyrighted project? Not to say that would
be the case, but that is a real legal threat we have to deal with these
days)

-Nick