From Nicholas Kwiatkowski <nicho...@spoon.as>
Subject Re: SVN vs Git
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 15:57:00 GMT
Martin,

Because of leagalise, we can't allow a github-style open-source project.
 Apache affords us a legal protection for not only contributes, but those
companies that need to use the software.  Because of this, all
the contributes need to sign a legal agreement (the ICLA) that releases the
rights to anything contributed before they get read/write access to the
repository.  GitHub doesn't allow us to have the same control -- plus
Apache has already built a very nice infastrcture to handle all of our
needs.

I know people have talked about making a mirror of the SVN (and soon, Git)
repos on GitHub, but any changes committed to those mirrors will be
orphaned.

-Nick