From Sebastian Mohr <masul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [App-Example] Masuland - Login Example
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2012 07:03:59 GMT
Hi Martin,

from what I have seen in the industry there could be many different
"Application
Coding Standards" around, and, all of them have there own
"Nanoarchitectures /
Architectural Patterns" and "Coding Conventions". Some of them even
wouldn't
be compatible with my "Nanoarchitectures / Architectural Patterns" and
"Coding
Conventions". Hosting all these "Application Coding Standards" here in
Apache
Flex would be quite a challenge, and, I guess not everyone here would be
happy
about it. Wouldn't it be better if we would just remove those links from
the "App
Examples" wiki page if their website does not exist anymore? I guess, if
someone
is VERY convinced about his examples he would definitely take care of the
hosting
of their code and docs on a stable running server somewhere.

Regarding the hosting of my "Login Example" ... not sure how long Google
Code
will last for. I just believe in the power ($) of Google ;) The same holds
for my
Dropbox account in which I am hosting my running "Login Example" apps. I
had
plans to move my code and docs to Github, but, I couldn't find the time to
make
this move.

> The other thing is the formatting: I think it could be explained easier
with an ordinary table like:
> |  Description (optionally linked to detail page) | Source-Link |
Preview-Link | Patterns | File types  |
Sure ... I will consider this. Using a table might be better.

> The big graphic was more confusing to me than not. Also we get a better
overview as to which example
> offers what.
Maybe just making the big graphic smaller?

-- Sebastian

--
Best regards,

Sebastian Mohr
Adobe Flex Developer,
Interaction Designer & Software Architect
http://www.linkedin.com/in/masuland

Mobile Belgium:
+32 (0) 48 887 55 22
Mobile Germany: