From Greg Reddin <>
Subject Re: Would anyone care if we ditched support for semicolons being optional?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:59:04 GMT
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Nicolas Cannasse
<> wrote:
> Yes, let's do it slowly : the first year only line numbers multiples of 4
> will have mandatory semicolons, then the next year only odds lines and then
> finally in three years every line.
> This way users can adapt their habits little by little :)

:-) So maybe I should clarify: We might want to ask the question to a
wider audience before we go and implement this and give some fair
warning before it gets released. Since we're talking about building a
new compiler I'm assuming it will be a few weeks <!> before we have
something ready to release.

View raw message