From Laurent Jayr <jayr.laur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discussion]Thoughts on immediate future of Flex
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 12:07:59 GMT
Machinarium is the proof that mobile games with Flash is possible.
Moreover, Starling is also coming soon with AIR 3.2 and it seems that
performances for mobile games are pretty good...
Le 4 févr. 2012 12:55, "Fil" <filippo@dipisa.net> a écrit :

> I totally agree with you.
> Flex is definetly the winner at the moment in terms of features and i
think it is good to continue to develop this project but moving out quickly
from the flashplayer.
> javafx already added th fxml that is similar to mxml and it won t take
long to have the same features than flex plus the stability and performance
of java.
> so i think the priority here is to seat down and find the best and fast
solution to change target.

> Filippo
>
> On 3 Feb 2012, at 20:05, Andrew Morgan <amorgan00@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am in a similar situation, an enterprise app using Flex on JEE.
 While I
> > really like the framework, the uncertainty around the Flash player and
> > Adobe would give me serious cause for concern on a greenfield project.
> > think that the best thing Flex can do to sustain its viability is target
> > other runtimes.  There is just so much anti-flash sentiment out there,
> > regardless of the technical merit, it may be difficult to overcome.  I
know
> > that is not an easy thing to do however.
> >
> > I am keeping my eye on JavaFx, Dart, Android, Flex and HTML5.  And
praying
> > it doesn't have to be HTML5.  Basically waiting to see how this all
shakes
> > out.  I imagine other people are in a similar situation.  By this time
next
> > year I think a lot of companies will have made a move.  There
> > is definitely a sense of "what do we do about Flex" in a lot of
development
> > teams right now.  For Flex to complete, I don't think it is about
features,
> > since it is already leading there.  Its about performance, runtimes,
reach
> > (mobile etc) and future proofing.
> >
> > My 0.02.
> >

> > On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM, filippo dipisa <filippo@dipisa.net>
wrote:

> >> It is obvious that a game use just As3 withou any flex libs
> >> Try to buy/download the few games developed in As3 for iphone and see
the
> >> rendering performance

> >> based,

> >> Scala