From Left Right <olegsivo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [gosh] On the sad tale of BNF and optional semicolons
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 14:07:36 GMT
Well, I don't think that inserting something into source code is always an
option... so it should be probably understood as in situations a, b, c and
d the semicolon is optional, otherwise it is mandatory.
So, practically, it says that when you cannot parse something, but you are
not sure it's not an error, imagine there was a semicolon after the last
line break and try again, but I don't think there may be a generic way to
express this in BNF.

Also note that given AS3 metadata extension there are new cases to handle:

[Bindable];
public var foo:int;

note the semicolon after the metatag - it will render it as an array
literal with Bindable as an expression.