From Left Right <olegsivo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex -> HTML, Linux and time to say goodbye?
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 13:41:22 GMT
What's the destiny of the standalone player? I was under impression that
that was the main loss, as in Flash player available only as Chrome plugin
= no standalone player. If that's not the case, Adobe may consider
improving the wording in that manifesto :)

Again, as I said it before: very few Linux users would be interested in
consuming products running in Flash player runtime, but many developers
would be interested in developing on Linux for Flash player runtime. To
make it more obvious: there are next to none Mono applications intended for
use on Linux (well, there might be few, but those are experiments). Yet
it's not uncommon to develop for .NET on Linux because of the personal
preferences of programmers who do that, because, frankly, Linux offers much
more to a software developer, then any of commercial OS'es does.