From Left Right <olegsivo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant vs. Maven vs. Gradle
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:42:47 GMT
> For compiling complex, multi-dependent Java projects, in a reproducable
> fashion, there really only one option, Maven.

HP Software fired this summer a whole 10 developers team in San Diego for,
you guess what? - consequently failing to build a Maven project of about
300 files in total (less then 10 poms all in all) in about 4 month time! I
saw that happen, I remember people in our office having many hours of
conversation all being dedicated to the fact that the project doesn't
compile in the same way it does on our end.
What you say is a very naive belief: Maven is not a good tool for complex
projects. In fact, looking back and imagining the time that was spent in a
fruitless attempts to get the thing to work, I could've singlehandedly
written all build scripts at least 10 times test them on different
platforms and document them. It's a horrible misconception, and I've no
idea where it comes from.

Best.

wvxvw