From almansour belleh blanco <zabouzamomo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DECISION] Unit Testing and Mocking Frameworks
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:25:01 GMT
2012/2/17 Jun Heider <jun@realeyes.com>:

> On Feb 16, 2012, at 12:39 AM, Omar Gonzalez wrote:
>
>> I'm not really seeing any opposition to FlexUnit and Mockolate as the unit
>> testing and mocking libraries we should adopt. Unless I get some objections
>> before EOD tomorrow I'm going to assume we've reached a consensus on this
>> and add some verbiage to the project site to communicate which libraries
>> we'll be working with for unit testing the framework.
>>
>> --
>> Omar Gonzalez
>> s9tpepper@apache.org
>
> Hi Omar, sorry for the late response. In addition to this post I also saw some conversation
on some commits from you regarding this verbiage.

> Two reasons for my tardiness:
>
> 1. Been swamped with tons of client work lately.
>
> 2. This was marked as [DECISION]. Seeing this post makes me wonder, can we here at Apache
Flex adopt something holistically without a [VOTE] thread? To be quite honest this mailing
list is so busy that when I get busy as in #1 above, I have a tendency to skim my inbox for
threads marked with [VOTE].

> That being said, I'm personally not contesting FlexUnit and Mockolate, but on the other
hand can we realistically say that something has been adopted into the project without a proper
[VOTE] thread?

> Maybe one of the mentors can set me straight?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Getting+Started
you can see in the link above that [DECISION] is "Discussion to get a
decision in a already discussed matter. " so, it means that the
decision will be taken after everybody agreed on something, I guess.

--
Mansour Blanco
Software engineer