incubator-flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Miguel Serrano <mserra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jira] [Commented] (FLEX-8) Make SDK build with Maven/Flexmojos and deploy release and snapshot artifacts to the Apache Maven repository
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 13:10:14 GMT
>
> As of today, there is no good, in fact, no bearable support for building
> Flex projects by using Maven. What there is, is an amateurish effort,
> malfunctioning most of the time, something that implements only half of the
> API available to the compiler. It is absolutely unusable for real-world
> projects.
>

I wouldn't say that. Flash/Flex applications I've been working at the last
2 years are used by tens of thousands of users, and using something
different from Maven or Gradle is not option.


> What I'm most afraid of is that the next step after Maven gets used for
> building the SDK, same people who now so much want to have it will come
> with the demands like "please don't use feature X, because feature X is
> impossible to do in Maven", or "please don't put these files in the
> directory Y, because there is no way to set that in Maven", or "please
> don't code in this perfectly valid way, because our Maven plugin doesn't
> allow this code to compile"
>

Personally, I've been able to build all my projects (up to Flex 4.5)
without tweaking FlexMojos sources or creating my own plugins. This "please
don't code in this perfectly valid way, because our Maven plugin doesn't
allow this code to compile" sounds really weird since the compiler is the
same. The problem might be between the keyboard and the chair.

BTW, there's a point on what you say. This is probably the reason why some
people state that just releasing Maven artifacts is not enough. The Plugin
should have the same features as the released Compiler, and that's why it
make sense to make this effort in line with the development of the SDK. I
see a fork of FlexMojos a good starting point (if there's no license
problem), and I'd be happy helping on the task.


>
> > Make SDK build with Maven/Flexmojos and deploy release and snapshot
> artifacts to the Apache Maven repository
> >
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >                 Key: FLEX-8
> >                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-8
> >             Project: Apache Flex
> >          Issue Type: Story
> >            Reporter: Espen Skogen
> >            Assignee: Espen Skogen
> >          Time Spent: 2h
> >  Remaining Estimate: 0h
> >
>
>
> --
> This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
> If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA
> administrators:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
> For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
>
>
>


-- 
Miguel Serrano Milano
mserranom@gmail.com

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message