From Yennick Trevels <>
Subject Re: Continuous integration for Flex (was: [RT] Recommendation Unit-Test System?)
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 09:26:23 GMT
Hi, I'm the Co-founder of the GradleFx project, a plugin for the Gradle
build system to compile Flex projects.
I'm also interested in evaluating Gradle/GradleFx to build the Flex SDK,
because I think Gradle will benefit us in the long term. Gradle has
basically all the good things from Ant and Maven, without most of the
These are some of its features:

   - Convention-over-configuration
   - Advanced multi-project support
   - Dependency Management (better handling of transitive dependencies)
   - Groovy scripting instead of xml
   - Support for Maven and Ivy repositories
   - Source file change detection (only recompiles the projects which have
   - Very easy to add custom build logic

All this leads to a much shorter build script which is easier to customize
and understand.

Gradle can be found here:
GradleFx can be found here:
Some GradleFx sample projects can be found here: