From David Francis Buhler <davidbuh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working groups - different approach
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 04:34:16 GMT
Regarding 1 & 2:

Here's one possible way (with ANT) to begin creating localized content
for the SDK.:

We copy a RAW SDK into locale-specific folder names during a build.
We add @Tokens@ in the .as / .mxml (?) files that correspond to help
content (stored in properties' files)
We use English as the master locale (all localization is done with a
Master Locale)
We use Google's translation service to manage the localization of the
properties files by volunteers (note: I've never used this service and
cannot speak to it specifically). With a small financial backing, a
professional 3rd party vendor could translate the documentation, at
least for major locales.
Using AS Docs, we could generate locale-specific help for the SDKs
during each build.

[1] http://support.google.com/translate/toolkit/?hl=en