From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DECISION] Unit Testing and Mocking Frameworks
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:37:23 GMT
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Jun Heider <jun@realeyes.com> wrote:
> ...can we realistically say that something has been adopted into the project
> without a proper [VOTE] thread?
>
> Maybe one of the mentors can set me straight?..

The final rule IMO is that decisions must be made by consensus.

A [VOTE] is definitely consensus, if someone misses that it's their problem.

Any other form of consensus can be challenged, because it's too easy
to miss on a busy list.

I've just added a note to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Getting+Started about
[DECISION] which is confusing, will discuss in a separate thread.

BTW, in my opinion there's not much benefit in deciding for one test
framework or another until there are *actual tests in svn* that people
can use to make an opinion. Code speaks louder than words.

-Bertrand