From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: Committing to Trunk
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 00:38:06 GMT
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Jun Heider <> wrote:
> ...have we decided on a standard process for committing to trunk? For instance is +1
voting on the ML the
> Apache version of code reviews - I hope not since that seems like it'd be too slow and

The most common way in Apache projects is CTR, Commit-Then-Review: you
commit, and someone can complain if they don't like it (including
vetos if really needed, described at That's by far my
favorite, if people are paying attention (subscribed to the
flex-commits list etc.) bad things are caught quickly, and people try
to be careful to avoid looking stupid too often.

The PPMC might decide to use RTC, Review-Then-Commit for some critical
parts if needed, where a suggested patch (attached to  a JIRA issue)
needs to be reviewed before being applied. A committer can also always
go that route and ask for review if unsure about a particular patch.

View raw message