From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Committing to Trunk
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 00:38:06 GMT
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Jun Heider <jun@realeyes.com> wrote:
> ...have we decided on a standard process for committing to trunk? For instance is +1
voting on the ML the
> Apache version of code reviews - I hope not since that seems like it'd be too slow and
cumbersome...

The most common way in Apache projects is CTR, Commit-Then-Review: you
commit, and someone can complain if they don't like it (including
vetos if really needed, described at
http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html). That's by far my
favorite, if people are paying attention (subscribed to the
flex-commits list etc.) bad things are caught quickly, and people try
to be careful to avoid looking stupid too often.

The PPMC might decide to use RTC, Review-Then-Commit for some critical
parts if needed, where a suggested patch (attached to  a JIRA issue)
needs to be reviewed before being applied. A committer can also always
go that route and ask for review if unsure about a particular patch.

-Bertrand