From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Wiki usage? (was: Proposal: Compile-time-data injection)
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 18:08:20 GMT
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Martin Heidegger <mh@leichtgewicht.at> wrote:
> On 08/02/2012 02:51, Omar Gonzalez wrote:
>> I'm not sure if the Wiki is the place for proposals. If we put every thing
>> that everyone thinks about in the wiki as a Proposal we are going to have a
>> lot of wiki stuff I go through. Who keeps it updated? How de we know it's
>> still in progress or that someone abandoned the idea?
>
> Common problem with all aspects of open-source work. I have no idea what the
> wiki is supposed to be used for...

IMO, experimental proposals like [1] are perfectly fine on the wiki -
you might want to label it as a "random thought", some projects use
[RT] in email subject lines for this as well, to indicate that it's
something that might happen, or might be totally crazy.

Collecting such proposals under a RandomThoughts page on the wiki
might help make it clearer what they are, and later if they get
implemented they could move to a different place.

I absolutely agree that it's good to keep such things around.

-Bertrand

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Compile-time-data+injection