From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Working groups - different approach
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:20:54 GMT
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Martin Heidegger <mh@leichtgewicht.at> wrote:
> On 13/02/2012 21:56, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>
>> the one I posted to previously, at
>> http://grep.codeconsult.ch/2011/12/06/stefanos-mazzocchis-busy-list-pattern/
>> (it's my blog - as I said, shameless but IMO useful plug)
>
> I can only find information about the proper use  of the list not about
> proper management...

Ah ok, sorry about that - by "management" I meant using precise
Subject lines, [tags], one topic per thread etc.

>> The best is to reach consensus without a vote, people agree and commit
>> code (or translations, whatever) that they find good.
>>

> I found it difficult to judge the point when a consensus without a vote has
> been reached...

You can use lazy consensus if unsure, use [lazy] in the subject line
and say something like "I'll do that unless someone opposes within 24
hours".

> ...One question still: What about different languages: Japanese/Chinese/French
> etc. how does a integration of people with other language-skills usually
> work?...

If people can communicate in english that can happen here (at least
initially), otherwise I agree that you'd need separate lists.

Note that the http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/ probably has
similar issues w.r.t translation, you might want to talk to them.

-Bertrand