From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject FlexUnit donation (was: [RT] Recommendation Unit-Test System?)
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 11:05:33 GMT
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Michael A. Labriola
<labriola@digitalprimates.net> wrote:
> ...The project is MIT license. All contributors to the project have signed a contributor
> license (same agreement as the Adobe Flex SDK contributors signed). We have all of those
> contributor agreements available digitally. The code exists today in GIT. In consists
primarily
> of ActionScript code, with some Java for the continuous integration aspects...

Sounds good, it looks like the "we" that you mention here is able to
donate that code to Apache according to
http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt

> ...FlexUnit 4.x, much like JUnit 4.x, wraps multiple runners to ensure that different
types of test runners can be
> written. The projects includes many of its own runners, but also includes a runner for
the original FlexUnit .9,
> which means there is a dependency on that older code at the moment and we will need to
discuss that and
> its licensing. It also allows Fluint (an integration testing framework I also wrote,
also MIT) test to be run,
> causing a dependency there....

Not sure what this means in terms of licensing/donation - worst case
you could probably start by donating the modules that are ready today.

>... So, basically, tell me what next steps you think I should take and I will do so....

As (I imagine) FlexUnit is a sizable block of code, not just a few
lines the best way is to follow the IP clearance process described at
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html - there's an
example of a completed donation at
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/tomcat-maven-plugin.html

I'll be offline a lot in the next two weeks, so it's probably better
if another mentor can help with this process if you intend to donate
that code before the end of February.

-Bertrand