From Omar Gonzalez <>
Subject Re: [IDEAS] Collections and Generics
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:30:15 GMT
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:14 AM, sai pabbathi <>wrote:

> Hello All,
> I've been thinking about creating my own version of collections and
> Generics for a while now. I'm a java guy and I crave to have Collections on
> the client side. Having the collections and generics would not hurt, it
> would actually reduce the coding errors, and development time as most of
> the time we will be working around the data in any type of application.
> Some times I have to run the application to know the type of data that is
> in the ArrayCollection, even though flex provides 'Vector' as way to
> introduce generics into flex, it is not as powerful as the ArrayCollection,
> and not many are aware of its existence.
> Also having a good set of collections like Map, Set, List, Queues would
> help develop more robust client side applications.
> P:S: I'm unaware if adobe has already planned to roll out collections in
> the near future. Its just an Idea!
> --
>  Sai Pabbathi
>  ACE 4.0
>  SCJP 5.0

I agree with you about having more robust collections. I just wanted to
mention I have created a VectorCollection for working with Vector objects,
you can check it out here:

If there's enough interest I can look at donating it to the SDK and
expanding or adding to it, otherwise, its there in my repo. :)

Omar Gonzalez
Apache Flex PPMC Member