From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IDEAS] Collections and Generics
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 19:11:56 GMT

>  You
>> might say that List's selectedItems returns a Vector.<Object> but then it
>> can't return a Vector.<String>

I just realized you mentioned selectedItems, I haven't actually tested that
either but that's a good point. If I add code to ensure the source is of
type Vector it shouldn't be difficult to add some reflection code to check
that if its type Vector it should return a Vector. Then its just a matter
of retrieving the first item of the Vector and reflecting its type to
create an instance of and return the Vector list of selectedItems.

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org