From Omar Gonzalez <>
Subject Re: [IDEAS] Collections and Generics
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 19:11:56 GMT
>  You
>> might say that List's selectedItems returns a Vector.<Object> but then it
>> can't return a Vector.<String>
I just realized you mentioned selectedItems, I haven't actually tested that
either but that's a good point. If I add code to ensure the source is of
type Vector it shouldn't be difficult to add some reflection code to check
that if its type Vector it should return a Vector. Then its just a matter
of retrieving the first item of the Vector and reflecting its type to
create an instance of and return the Vector list of selectedItems.

Omar Gonzalez
Apache Flex PPMC Member