From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wiki usage? (was: Proposal: Compile-time-data injection)
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 18:11:20 GMT
On Tuesday, February 7, 2012, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>
wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Martin Heidegger <mh@leichtgewicht.at>
wrote:
>> On 08/02/2012 02:51, Omar Gonzalez wrote:
>>> I'm not sure if the Wiki is the place for proposals. If we put every
thing
>>> that everyone thinks about in the wiki as a Proposal we are going to
have a
>>> lot of wiki stuff I go through. Who keeps it updated? How de we know
it's
>>> still in progress or that someone abandoned the idea?
>>
>> Common problem with all aspects of open-source work. I have no idea what
the
>> wiki is supposed to be used for...
>
> IMO, experimental proposals like [1] are perfectly fine on the wiki -
> you might want to label it as a "random thought", some projects use
> [RT] in email subject lines for this as well, to indicate that it's
> something that might happen, or might be totally crazy.
>
> Collecting such proposals under a RandomThoughts page on the wiki
> might help make it clearer what they are, and later if they get
> implemented they could move to a different place.
>
> I absolutely agree that it's good to keep such things around.
>
> -Bertrand
>
> [1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Compile-time-data+injection

Cool, I think putting them in a Random Thoughts section makes a lot of
sense and gets rid of my concern of having misleading or out of date info
since its obvious it's just a place to stick ideas that may or may not
happen.

-omar