From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code formatting for patch submissions
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:54:51 GMT

> One thing I'd argue changing is code like this:
>
> if (some condition)
>        a = 1;
> else
>        b =  2;
>
> While it's compact the missing braces can (and often do) cause bugs when
> the code is modified.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

I would have to agree. I tend to lean in the favor of legibility over
trying to make my code overly compact. There are going to be a lot of
people contributing to this code, hopefully, and we want to keep the code
we share with each other as easy to read as possible. I think we should
keep the curly braces here.

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org