From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating Working Groups [Was: Apache Flex suggestion - dumping SWF support in favor of HTML5 - listen to Steve]
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 19:21:01 GMT
2012/2/6 João Fernandes <joaopedromartinsfernandes@gmail.com>

> Am I the only non-committer that finds the current Apache workflow
> acceptable?
>
> Whiteboards should only be managed by PPMC in my opinion and non-committers
> should propose patches to existing whiteboards. If there isn't any
> whiteboard working on what they want to contribute, they should create some
> repository (github or svn) elsewhere and announce in the mailinglist to see
> if there are people interested in working in the same project.
>
> I agree that eventually a list of "community whiteboards" could be listed
> in the flex wiki page as long it doesn't become a burden to maintain.
>
> João Fernandes

I agree with you Joao, if you use GitHub you'll have everything you need to
collaborate with as many people as you want to get an idea going. You can
recruit teammates on this list. Develop your idea, make wikis, log issues,
manage features, wishlists, and when a project is at a state where you want
to donate you can, or if you want to review it anyone in the community can.
Once something gets voted in by PPMC as a donation we can bring it into a
whiteboard or the SDK, depending on how that pans out. But if I were not a
committer, I would have posted my validators on GitHub instead of the
Apache repository and posted on this list to get feedback, recruit team
members and get it to where I can donate it.

-omar