From Omar Gonzalez <>
Subject Re: Creating Working Groups [Was: Apache Flex suggestion - dumping SWF support in favor of HTML5 - listen to Steve]
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 15:41:46 GMT
On Monday, February 6, 2012, Martin Heidegger <> wrote:
> On 06/02/2012 23:28, Jonathan Campos wrote:
>> Why do you need consensus just to get started?
> Just to clearify: I meant "getting the consensus" as in "understanding
what the current consensus on the mailinglist is".
> In other words: Its easy to discuss something on the ml but difficult to
find out what has been discussed about and what the outcome is.
> That is unfortunate for a third party as they will have no idea what is
really talked about.
> cheers!
> Martin.

I don't see any sensible way to keep a log of everything we've talked
about. Talk is cheap and Apache is a JFDI type of mentality, if you really
want to start on something just fucking do it and when you have code to
talk about, even the smallest bit, then we actually have something to talk
about. If I wasn't a committer I'd throw my code up on GitHub and start
collaborating with devs there until you have something you want to donate
or discuss. But if we try to discuss every idea, log it to a wiki, recruit
devs, and then start something then we would never get shit done.