From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adobe / Apache / Spoon Flex Tour
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:23:48 GMT
On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Michael A. Labriola <
labriola@digitalprimates.net> wrote:

> >I am starting to understand what he is pointing out as the shortcomings
> of mxml as implemented, I remember noticing these when first starting out
> but forgot as I focused on using what was available.
>
> Personally, I don't have a problem with MXML. I have a problem with what
> the compiler does with MXML.
>
> Mike

I believe Gordon Smith said in one of the email threads that the new
compiler is no longer generating ActionScript 3 from the MXML files but
converting directly to bytecode. I would imagine this is the preferred
approach, no? I haven't done any compiler dev myself, yet... but I'm eager
to learn.

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org