From Roland Zwaga <rol...@stackandheap.com>
Subject Re: Project Goshawk [was Time for an Apache Flex compiler.]
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:29:40 GMT

> By the way,
>
> here is the Java port of the goldparser engine:
>
> https://github.com/ridencww/goldengine
>
> it might be an idea to try out both ANTLR and goldparser
> and compare the results, I'd say the fastest one we'd take ;)

Michael Schmalle already created jasblocks, a Java port of his asblocks
engine
which is able to parse AS3.
https://github.com/teotigraphix/as3-commons-jasblocks/
Since he's already created grammars for AS3, E4X, regex and ASDoc we might
be able to stand on the shoulders of giants :)
goldparser uses a different type of grammar notation, ANTLR uses EBNF and
goldparser
uses BNF. I am not familiar with the differences but I'm guessing it should
be possible
to convert between the two without too much hassle.
After that its a matter of speed testing them.

cheers,

Roland