From Roland Zwaga <rol...@stackandheap.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Flash Platform roadmap
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:27:23 GMT

> I can't decide if that is right or not. As the Pepper API is described as
> "cross-platform API for plugins for web browsers," that implies that other
> browsers could implement it too. If it is cross-platform though, why is
> Adobe ditching direct support for Flash for Linux only?
>
> Sadly, it is another nail in the coffin of Flex as a Flash-based
> technology,
> no matter how one looks at it.

I'm not sure if that's true, Flex is aiming to be an enterprise technology.
I must say that
in my years of doing enterprise development I have never encountered a
company that
used Linux desktops for their employees. Its all windows all the way, with
Apple slowly
gaining  some ground.
But that's just my experience of course...

Roland