From filippo dipisa <fili...@dipisa.net>
Subject Re: [discussion]Thoughts on immediate future of Flex
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 16:31:28 GMT
If Adobe would have chosen another comunication strategy probably
Flex/Flash wouldn't be in this situation.
They announced at the same time the stop of the development of the
FlashPlayer for mobile and then the release ofFlex to Apache...
We all know that are 2 complete different issues but the world out there
doesn't, and this announcement + the 3 years campaign of Apple against
Flash and in favour of the Sh!t  HTML5,  gave Flex a very bad Marketing.

The Flashplayer it is superior to any JSVm I think, but what about JavaFX?
It is multithread, supports all Java frameworks, Scala and more.
At the moment Oracle didn't show anything very impressive, and I think that
Flex is still ahead but I don't know untill when, at least in the
enterprise market.

I think that it is not just changing target, but also improving performance
of the  UI  components, improving the spark comonent, the rendering and the
data binding performance, and I think we should work also on the OSMF
framework improving the video player performance.

The comunity should really leverage the FlashPlayer up to the Max to
provide something that the JSVM or any other player cannot provide because
of his limitation.

I'm looking forward to see the multithreading fnctionality on the
Flashplayer. This could be a really good milestone and message for the FP
and his related products.

I don't want to see Flex die either, I think Macromedia did a great Job
when they created it, but I heard many many developers/architect that they
don't trust Adobe and their products anymore, moving out of Flex to
Andorid, GWT or other frameworks.

The same happenend years ago with coldfusion, that I think it is still
alive but with a very small comunity ( I'm just guessing and not knowing
any number about that :) )

Let's see.