From filippo dipisa <fili...@dipisa.net>
Subject Re: [discussion]Thoughts on immediate future of Flex
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 17:11:43 GMT

>  At the moment I think that many people out there they will try to avoid
>> Flex because is Flashplayer driven, they don't trust Adobe anymore and  it
>> is not supported by the tablet or /smartphones.
>>
>  That is a bit of a misnomer.  You can't run Flash in mobile browsers
> (except on most current Android  devices or Playbook) and Adobe is stopping
> future development of their mobile browser.  But you can use Flex/Flash to
> build native applications.

Yes you are right, but the performance are orrible.

>  And many others are strugglimg to make their webapp compatible with tablet
>> or smartphone.
>>
>  Is that struggle unique to Flash?

yes. If you develop an entire webapp using Flex as view layer you will lose
all tablets and smartphone users.
Of course you could architect in a way to use Flex 4.5 mobile new APis to
build the tablet version, but for people with legacy code is will be more
difficult.