From Andrew Morgan <amorga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discussion]Thoughts on immediate future of Flex
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 20:05:55 GMT
I am in a similar situation, an enterprise app using Flex on JEE.  While I
really like the framework, the uncertainty around the Flash player and
Adobe would give me serious cause for concern on a greenfield project.  I
think that the best thing Flex can do to sustain its viability is target
other runtimes.  There is just so much anti-flash sentiment out there,
regardless of the technical merit, it may be difficult to overcome.  I know
that is not an easy thing to do however.

I am keeping my eye on JavaFx, Dart, Android, Flex and HTML5.  And praying
it doesn't have to be HTML5.  Basically waiting to see how this all shakes
out.  I imagine other people are in a similar situation.  By this time next
year I think a lot of companies will have made a move.  There
is definitely a sense of "what do we do about Flex" in a lot of development
teams right now.  For Flex to complete, I don't think it is about features,
since it is already leading there.  Its about performance, runtimes, reach
(mobile etc) and future proofing.

My 0.02.