From Raju Bitter <rajubit...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex suggestion - dumping SWF support in favor of HTML5 - don't listen to Steve!
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 14:46:45 GMT
> As a Linux user and developer, I have always hated how the Linux Flash runtime is always
seems to be a
>few releases behind Adobe's Windows and Mac versions, how Adobe's content creation tools
(Photoshop,
> Dreamweaver, CS3, and even Flex Builder) aren't available on Linux AT ALL.
I remember that I was fighting with the Flash Player unicode problem
on Linux for non-ASCII character input (which was never fixed until FP
11). When I did a quick test in OpenSolaris, the bug didn't exist,
which surprised me even more. The OpenSolaris version seemed to work a
lot better than the Linux version, which makes me wonder if it was a
management strategy to not fully support Linux.