incubator-flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jun Heider <...@realeyes.com>
Subject Re: Committing to Trunk
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 18:30:12 GMT

On Feb 20, 2012, at 6:15 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:

>> Now that Carol has gotten the trunk populated, I was wondering if we need to wait
until the Mustella tests are in before committing to trunk?
> Just as an aside I've selected those issues as it was something that could be easily
verified without Mustella (ie no real framework code changes). I'm not sure that Mustella
would actually be able to test those patches in any meaningful way. Until we get our hands
on it hard to say.

Yeah I noticed that the issues you worked on were locale issues/enhancements. Your statement
makes sense to me regarding verifiable vs. non-verifiable issues. I guess I was just wanting
to start a general discussion around committing, and I think whether we have one route to
commit vs. multiple it would be nice to get those routes fleshed out so we can document them
somewhere.

> 
>> On another note, have we decided on a standard process for committing to trunk?
> Well for lower risk smaller changes I'm all for CTR, for larger higher risk changes RTC
may be more suitable. I'm sure anyone who's a  committers can use their judgment on a case
by case basis?

This makes sense too. If we get the commit processes documented I think that it would be just
fine to have a couple paths to trunk. (Low risk/high risk)

Thanks for the input! 


Mime
View raw message