From Jun Heider <...@realeyes.com>
Subject [LAZY] Re: DECISION message tag is confusing IMO
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:51:36 GMT

On Feb 17, 2012, at 3:41 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just added a note to
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Getting+Started, IMO
> the [DECISION] marker is not needed and should be removed.
>
> The standard tag for lazy consensus is [LAZY], and there's [VOTE] of
> course, using those should be sufficient for threads that aim to build
> consensus, other tags are more like attention grabbers/filter helpers.
>
> I'll be traveling in the next few days, if people agree please remove
> that DECISION entry there.
>
> -Bertrand

I agree with Bertrand. I propose we remove the [DECISION] marker in favor of having a [LAZY]
marker to handle lazy consensus: http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#LazyConsensus

Main reason, is ability to skim the ML when you're busy and look for either [VOTE] or [LAZY]

Anyone oppose? If not I can make the change after the 72 hours have passed. (I need some practice
updating the wiki anyway)